The St. Augustine Branch of the AAUW –
- Was instrumental in the building of the first library in St. Johns County.
- Spearheaded the formation of Learn to Read in St. Johns County.
- Established scholarships for students who have completed their first year of college.
- Initiated a Read-A-Loud Program in local schools.
Our October Branch meeting will be at the STEM Spark at Sebastian Middle School which will feature women STEM professionals giving a spark to middle school girls to enter STEM careers. Members who wish to attend to help with the event, or just listen to the women STEM professionals, should complete a volunteer application to enter St. Johns County Schools. Complete you’re application now, so you are good to go for this inspirational event. Our Branch is so proud to partner with the St. Johns County School District.
- Go to https://stjohns.keepntrack.com/apply
- Complete the application.
- If you have trouble or a question, call Cheryl Freeman at 904 547-3952.
- If you have an access in the past, you may need to update your access by calling the above phone number. If you already have access to the School District Schools, you do not need to complete this process.
Dining to Donate October 26th
AAUW Gently Used Shoe Fundraiser – a great way to give a hand up by helping a micro-enterprise.
We want all your gently worn or new shoes and sneakers. The only restriction is that single shoes cannot be accepted. There are no other restrictions. Any type of footwear is acceptable.
This fundraiser will run through October so you have plenty of time to look through your own shoes and contact friends, neighbors, your hairdresser—anyone you can think of—as there are plenty of gently used shoes waiting to start a new life!
The shoes go to small businesses (micro-enterprises with minimal employees and minimal capital, in developing countries. The shoes are refurbished and sold for reasonable prices in the community. Due to a lack of formal jobs and training available to the poor, micro-enterprises add value to the economy by creating micro business, enhancing income, and lowering the overall cost of business.
You may bring your shoes to any AAUW meeting in September or October and lunch bunch now through the end of October or contact Debbie Brinsfield at 940-7379 or firstname.lastname@example.org and I will arrange pick up.
It’s Easier Than Ever to
Make Your Voice Heard !
Are you ready to take your advocacy to the next level? Opt in to AAUW’s Two-Minute Activist Mobile. This exciting new tool will allow AAUW to send more timely and targeted communication straight to your cell phone via text message. That means we can provide you with more strategic opportunities to take action when your advocacy can make the difference. Sign up online or text the word “AAUW” to phone number 21333 now to join.