American Association of University Women St. Augustine Branch
Jean Luoma ($1000) and Diane Boyce ($1000) Scholarships
Deadline for Receipt of complete Application – March 6, 2017
AAUW advances equity for women of all ages through advocacy, education and research. AAUW is one of the nation’s largest source of private funding exclusively for educational programs that directly benefit women. AAUW St Augustine Branch offers these scholarships each year to local college/university students who are residents of St. Johns County. The scholarships honors Jean Luoma for her years of dedicated service to St. Augustine and AAUW and Diane Boyce for her dedicated service to St. Augustine Branch and to AAUW-Florida.
An Application for the Scholarship must:
1. Be a US citizen and permanent resident of St. Johns County, Florida for at least one year. Proof of permanent residency, such as a driver’s license, voters’ registration or passport is required. A permanent resident may live at a university outside of St. Johns County, Florida and maintain a permanent residence with parents or guardian living in St. Johns County.
2. Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, who has completed one year/two terms of college level studies (not exclusively on-line).
3. Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Provide transcript(s) from all colleges/universites that you have attended.
4. Provide information regarding all financial assistance being received. This should include grants, scholarships, award, and loans that you have received for the 2017 – 2018 academic year.
5. Completed application and your 250-word essay.
6. Three letters of reference: one personal (not a relative) and two professional (faculty member, school administrator or professional mentor). These letters are to be mailed directly to the AAUW Scholarship Committee (see application for address).
7. If currently employed or doing volunteer work, provide a letter of reference from your supervisor in lieu of one personal letter of reference.
8. Be available for interviews between April 10 to April 14 from 1:00 and 7:00 PM.
9. Be available for the award presentation.
Failure to provide required letters of reference, transcript(s), essay, signature or completed application by the deadline will be considered incomplete and will not advanced in the competition.
Scholarship funds may only be used for qualified educational expenses, tuition, fees, books, room and board or educational equipment.
Download the application form here: http://staugustine-fl.aauw.net/scholaarship/application/