Jean Luoma ($2000)
Diane Boyce ($2000)
Deadline for Receipt of complete Application – March 9, 2018
AAUW St Augustine Branch offers these scholarships each year to local college/university students who are residents of St. Johns County. The scholarships honor Jean Luoma for her years of dedicated service to St. Augustine and AAUW and Diane Boyce for her dedicated service to St. Augustine Branch and to AAUW-Florida.
REQUIREMENTS: An Application for the Scholarship must:
- Be a US citizen and permanent resident of St. Johns County, Florida for at least one year. Proof of permanent residency, such as a driver’s license, voters’ registration or passport is required. A permanent resident may live at a university outside of St. Johns County, Florida and maintain a permanent residence with parents or guardian living in St. Johns County.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student (male or female), who has completed 24 credits of college level studies (not exclusively on-line) by the end of the 2017 Fall Term.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Provide official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities that you have attended.
- Provide information regarding all financial assistance being received. This should include grants, scholarships, award, and loans that you have received for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
- Completed application and your 250-word essay.
- Three letters of reference: one personal (not a relative) and two professional (faculty member, school administrator or professional mentor). These letters are to be mailed directly to the AAUW Scholarship Committee (see application for address).
- If currently employed or doing volunteer work, provide a letter of reference from your supervisor in lieu of one personal letter of reference.
- Be available for interviews between April 17 to April 19 from 1:00 and 6:00 PM. Interviews can be done in person or by FaceTime.
- Be available for the award presentation that will be on May 9, 2018.
Failure to provide required letters of reference, transcript(s), essay, signature or completed application by the deadline will be considered incomplete and will not advanced in the competition.
Scholarship funds may be used only for qualified educational expenses, tuition, fees, books, room and board or educational equipment.