Scholarships Application for all AAUW St Augustine Scholarships
4 Scholarships for $2000
Lisa R. Brasero Nursing Scholarship for $1100
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) St Augustine Branch of St Johns County is offering four scholarships this year. The scholarships each year are awarded to local college and university students who are residents of St Johns County. Three scholarships honor Jean Luoma, Diane Boyce, and Alice Bosselman for their years of dedicated service to the AAUW St Augustine Branch in addition to one from the members of the St Augustine Branch. The Lisa R. Brasero nursing scholarship honors a very special nurse. The nursing scholarship requires a student to be working towards a BSN or AS RN degree.
Deadline for Receipt of Complete Application – March 30, 2024
REQUIREMENTS: An Applicant must:
- Be a US citizen and permanent resident of St Johns County, Florida for at least one Proof of permanent residency, such as a driver’s license, voter registration or passport, is required. A permanent resident may live at a university outside of St Johns County, Florida and maintain a permanent residence with parents or guardian living in St Johns County.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student (all genders), who has completed 24 credits of college level studies by the end of the 2024 Fall.
- Have a minimum GPA of 0. Provide official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities that you have attended.
- Provide information regarding all financial assistance being received. This should include grants, scholarships, awards and loans that you have received for the 2022-2023 academic
- Completed application and 250-word essay either hand written or typed.
- Two letters of reference: one personal (not a relative) and one professional (faculty member, school administrator or professional mentor or employer) or employer. These letters are to be mailed directly to the AAUW Scholarship Committee. See application for address.
- Be available for interviews in Date TBD. Interviews can be done in person, or most likely by Zoom.
Failure to provide required letters of reference, transcript(s), essay, signature or completed application by the deadline will be considered incomplete and will not advanced in the competition. Scholarship funds may be used only for qualified educational expenses, tuition, fees, books, room and board or educational equipment and will be paid directly to the college.